Curious what custom questions you should add to your #BeHeard Survey?
For both the Free Report and the Premium Report, you have the opportunity to add up to five 5-star rating questions and five open ended questions to tailor your #BeHeard Survey to your culture and interests. These questions will all be at the end of your survey.
With our dual rating scale, your customized 5-star rating questions will measure effectiveness and employee importance, just like our statistically valid #BeHeard Survey questions. After all, what might be important to the company may not be important to the employees, so this will give you additional insight.
Need ideas? No problem, check out some of the survey question ideas below. These examples are also a great resource to share during team meetings to decide what questions will work best for your culture and the feedback that you need.
Please note that the survey question examples below should be reviewed by your HR and legal teams to ensure appropriate compliance and approval.
Examples of Custom 5 Star Likert Rating Format Questions
1 = strongly disagree, 5 = strongly agree
- I enjoy working with the people on my team.
- I trust the people on my team.
- I feel my compensation is competitive.
- I feel my benefits package is competitive.
- I feel the executive team is sufficiently involved in company morale.
- I feel comfortable communicating concerns or making suggestions (about COVID-19 or diversity and inclusion) to leadership.
- I feel included and respected within the organization.
- I have access to the resources & tools that I need to get my work done remotely.
- The quality of our remote work tools (e.g. VPN, remote work access, intranet, communication tools) support the work I am expected to deliver in my job.
- I feel supported in my organization when I run into technical problems.
- I am satisfied with the way my organization has handled the switch to remote work.
- I know the deliverables that are expected from me each week.
- I know what I need to be working on to contribute to my team's priorities.
- My team has coordinated tasks successfully while working remotely.
- I am able to maintain a normal workday schedule when working from home.
- I'm at least as, if not more productive, while working from home.
- I am happy to be able to work from home.
- I can easily reach my colleagues when I need to.
- Remote communication with my teammates is as good as it was in person.
- In this remote working environment, I am able to connect with my supervisor as easily as I could while working in the office.
- I clearly understand our work from home policy.
- I have everything I need to do my job while working from home.
- I feel highly connected to my team as we work remotely.
- I have the right amount of virtual contact with my colleagues on a weekly basis.
- I have regular, productive 1-1 sessions with my manager.
Diversity and Inclusion
- I have a sense of belonging in this organization.
- When I speak up at work, my opinion is valued.
- Members of my organization are treated with respect when they have opinions that differ from the majority.
- Management demonstrates that diversity is important through its actions.
- My supervisors understand that diversity supports the mission and goals of our organization.
- This organization is committed to diversity and inclusion.
- My organization puts resources toward diversity initiatives.
- People of all cultures and backgrounds are treated equally at this organization.
- This organization provides an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas, opinions and beliefs.
- This organization draws on its diversity to achieve its goals.
- Our organization’s diversity is viewed as a competitive advantage.
- Diversity of thought is valued as a method of solving business challenges.
- Prejudice exists in our workplace.
- I see strong leadership support of the organization's value or diversity and inclusion.
- Leadership demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of employees with disabilities.
- I am comfortable talking about my background and cultural experiences with my colleagues.
- I believe this organization will take appropriate action in response to discrimination.
- Employees at this organization are encouraged to bring new ideas to management.
- My supervisor allows some degree of risk-taking in order to pursue new ideas and ways of working.
- This organization encourages me to think creatively.
- Creative thinking is rewarded at my organization.
- My supervisor welcomes my ideas.
- If I present an idea that is deemed beneficial, my supervisor helps me implement it.
- I am comfortable challenging the ideas of my superiors.
- I am comfortable discussing an “out of the box” idea with my team.
- This organization puts resources into supporting innovation.
- My work environment fosters innovative thinking.
- Overall, I am satisfied with [Organization's Name]'s response to COVID-19.
- I don't feel anxious about the future of our organization.
- I don't feel concerned about losing my job.
- I feel my organization has done a great job with internal communication regarding COVID-19.
- I have safe channels to share any concerns regarding COVID-19 and it's impact.
Examples of Custom Open Ended Questions
- What company perks do you wish we offered?
- How do you feel about the company's ethics and what it stands for?
- What are the biggest challenges facing the business?
- What is one thing we can do to help you be more successful in your job?
- What are our greatest strengths as a company?
- What has the organization done in response to COVID-19 that has positively impacted the employee experience?
- What have we learned from this new workplace normal that will enable our organization to operate even better as we move forward?
- What can the organization do to develop our understanding of what we mean by racism in the workplace?
- How can the organization best support you (during...)?
- What else do you need to help you work remotely more effectively (e.g. desk, chair, monitor, headphones, etc)?
- What concerns, comments, or feedback would you like to share?